Anxiety is a physical, emotional, and mental state. It involves a sense of unease, fear, and, worry. Anxiety is a very common reaction to stress, and can even help an individual cope with difficult changes or surprises that arise in life.
However, when this anxiety becomes excessive and irrational, it can adversely affect how we function in our day-to-day lives. When this occurs, we often need another to walk with us to find our way out.
We provide anxiety counseling services to help manage your anxiety and find peace in an often-stressful world. Symptoms of anxiety often include, but are not limited to:
- Insomnia or fatigue
- Restlessness or irritability
- Dizziness or shortness of breath
- Repetitious thoughts of fear
- Difficulty concentrating or memory issues
- Pounding heart, sweating, or headaches
- Obsessive or compulsive behavior
Depression is a serious condition that affects thoughts, feelings, body, behaviors, and mood.
Individuals suffering from depression are not simply experiencing mood swings. These symptoms cannot simply be wished away. Treatment for depression can be highly effective and help clients move into a life they have wanted; with joy, energy, and contentment.
Symptoms of depression often include, but are not limited to:
- Irritability or pessimism
- Feeling hopeless and helplessness
- Difficulty with concentration and memory
- Lack of motivation for things of prior interest
- Thoughts of suicide
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Headaches, chronic pain, digestive issues
We understand when anxiety and depression have us tied down, the thought of reaching out for help takes on a feeling of impossibility. We are here to help and desire to make the path between where you are, our office, and healing as easy as possible.
The next step is to call or text 719-235-5325 or email us. We would be honored to provide a complimentary phone, email or text consultation to help determine if working with us would be a fit. Let’s start a new journey together.