It is so difficult to watch your child struggle and to feel helpless in knowing how to best support them. We know, as parents you do your best to help your child and provide what they need.
Life is complicated, and the desire to provide your child with the best emotional and psychological support (that perhaps you didn’t get as a child) can be a driving force to seek counseling for your own child.
We can help provide the tools, support, and care your child needs to help your child thrive. We strive to treat children and their parents with honesty, compassion, and curiosity. We love working with children and helping them understand themselves better, develop new skills, and strengthen their relationships.
Real progress and change can happen through the counseling relationship.
Child counseling allows:
- Children to relieve feelings of tension and stress.
- Children to develop age-appropriate self-responsibility and self-worth.
- Children to communicate ideas, thoughts, feelings, and experiences through play.
- Children to recreate and resolve troubling events, such as trauma, divorce, loss.
- Children to rehearse and master skills and techniques through play.
- A window for parents and caregivers to see into their child’s world.
- A less threatening approach to counseling for children to feel supported
- Children to tap into their innate joy as they gain skills and the connection allows parents to feel less stressed.
Parents are encouraged to be a part of the child’s therapy process by meeting with the therapist on a regular basis. Involvement provides parents with practical strategies for continued connection at home.
We greatly value collaboration and will coordinate care with other professionals who may be working with your child, if you so desire and provide consent.
Stacy Hladek is our child therapist. She is a warm, brilliant, inviting therapist. She brings a level of expertise to the counseling room and to your family that is difficult to find. Stacy has been working with children in the mental health field for over 25 years. Find out more about Stacy or request a complimentary phone consultation.
You don’t have to walk the path alone. We are here to help.