Many people have experienced some form of trauma during their life. Whether it was a painful childhood, a difficult relationship, rejection, public humiliation, physical or emotional injury, abuse, neglect, or assault, it can become extraordinarily difficult to move forward. Trauma counseling can help.
While trauma comes in many forms, it can be easy to recognize experiences as traumatic for others, but we hesitate to call our own experiences trauma. Regardless of what you call it, we are built to heal.
Unresolved issues of trauma my show up in the following symptoms:
- Anxiety, fears or phobias
- Distorted thinking
- Isolation or withdrawing from people, places, and things
- Difficulty connecting with others or self.
- Emotional and physical intimacy issues
- Feeling triggered or having difficulty controlling emotions
- Avoidance of reminders of certain events
- Feeling outside of your body or emotionally numb
- Changes to sleep or appetite
- Getting “stuck” in the memory, or feeling as though it is happening now
Trauma is a very specialized field within counseling, and we are professionals in trauma and PTSD. We have no desire to treat trauma, we desire to heal it.
We work especially hard to hire therapists who are experts in trauma and have done their own personal work around their stories and histories. We believe strongly you can’t give what you don’t have.
Symptoms of trauma can feel utterly confusing and create a deep sense of destabilization. We are here to help.
Contact us today for a complimentary consultation. You deserve to be cared for, heard, and believed. We are here for you.